header

bloglovin feedburner facebook google plus pinterest Image Map

pages

sponsor home freebies link parties deals contact Image Map

January 15, 2013

Whole30 Week 2 - Failure!

Week two of my Whole30 attempt was not such a good week.  Basically, I have decided that the Whole30 approach is not right for me at this time.  

It's a bit too restricting, which I was determined to power through.  The real problem though is this constant pain in my side.  

You see, I have what I like to call a temperamental gallbladder.  I've had it tested multiple times, and every time the results are the same.  The Docs tell me that it is not bad enough to warrant surgery, and that I just need to watch what I eat.  

The pain started pretty much on the second day of the new eating plan.  I had hoped that it was an adjustment thing, and that it would go away.  No such luck.  I'm not sure what is making my gallbladder go haywire, but clearly what I have been eating is not working.

For the time being I am quitting the Whole30 program, but not my healthy eating goals.  I am going to keep focusing on whole foods, avoiding added chemicals and added sugars.  Hopefully that will clear up this pain in my side, as well as get my body running at it's best.

I never like quitting, but sometimes it really is the best option.  The goal is a happier and healthier me.  It is time to simply try a new path! 

 


4 comments:

  1. Im sorry to hear that you have gallbladder issues, and sorry you have to stop your whole30...but like you said eat healthy is were its at!!! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck figuring out the gallbladder issues! You should try writing down what you eat and how bad the pain is, like a headache journal. It might help.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips