header

bloglovin feedburner facebook google plus pinterest Image Map

pages

sponsor home freebies link parties deals contact Image Map

January 8, 2013

Whole 30 Week 1

The


As you read in my 2013 Goals postI am tackling the Whole 30 program this month.  It has been a week now, and I figured an update was in order.

The first couple of days of any new program always seem to be the easiest ones for me.  I'm excited about the new food and the new direction.  Usually by about day four or five the shine starts to dull and reality sets in.  
This first week has stayed true to that course.  The last couple of days have been a bit harder and the temptations seem like they take a little more will power to avoid.  I have been successful though in finding that will power.  Since I am still making non-Whole 30 approved food for the hubs and the little bear, finding that strength is pretty awesome!

I have discoverred a new favorite breakfast - warm apples and almond butter.  It replaces my normal bowl of oatmeal or cearal and really helps to keep me full.  All you do is dice an apple, sprinkle it with cinnamon, then microwave for about a minute.  Add in a spoonfull of almond butter and microwave for another minute.  Today I also added a few blueberries and a sprinkle of chopped pecans.

The good news is that after only a week I am sleeping better and have more energy.  I get hungry more than I probably should be between meals, and tend to need a snack in the afternoon and evening.  Which tells me that I still have work to do on finding a better balance of foods for my meals.  

All in all I'd say the first week was a success.  My goals for the second week are to add in regular exercise and focus more on leaner protiens. 

3 comments:

  1. Hi! Stopping by from Naptime Review blog hop and excited to be a new follower! I have a new Social Media Linky party that started today, I would love to have you link up!!
    http://www.thetaylor-house.com/2013/01/08/keep-calm-party-on-social-media-linky-party-1.html

    Thanks!
    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! The breakfast sounds really yummy, espcially on a cold morning! Best wishes on all your goals in 2013, but especially feeling good in your body!

    Thanks for linking up with us this Friday on the Photo Friday Blog Hop- Have a super weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incredible on how the body feels when you eat whole unprocessed foods. Agreed that the first 4-5 days can be the toughest but once you pass that hurdle and listen to your body, it makes it all worthwhile. I too am participating in a 30 day real food challenge this month and love it. It's forced me to break the habit of eating the same things everyday and start venturing out to new recipes.

    Thanks for sharing and linking up to the Empowered Living Hop, it's always a treat having you participate.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips