header

bloglovin feedburner facebook google plus pinterest Image Map

pages

sponsor home freebies link parties deals contact Image Map

January 29, 2013

Thinking about adding Sponsor/PR space....

Hello Blog World!  I hope that everyone is having a wonderful day.  It is crazy warm here in Chicago-land today.  This winter cannot make up it's mind one bit:  something I can completely relate with.

I have had an ongoing debate in my head for a few weeks now.  Part of me is thinking that it may be time to add some sponsor spots on Not Done Growing.  The other part of my brain is wondering if the added work actually brings added value.  

It is not that I don't mind doing extra work, but my time is limited so I want to make sure I am making the most of my blog time and spending it on items that will grow my readership not just my follower counts.  

Since part of the reason why I started this blog is to give back, I am thinking that most of the income (if any) will be donated to charity. 

So, having said that, I'd love to hear your thoughts, suggestions, or advice on the subject. 

Do you advertize on other blogs, or do button swaps?  How does it effect your readership?  Do you find over all that sponsorship helps to build relationships with other bloggers, or is it more of a short term effect?  Would you be interested in being a sponsor or doing a button swap?

Any and all comments and thoughts will be greatly appreciated.  If easier, please feel free to email me as well.



3 comments:

  1. I have been thinking about whether or not adding sponsors is a direction I want to take as well. Honestly, for me, I think it would take more time than I have to do it right. I did devote this month to sponsoring other blogs and co-hosting, etc. I have definitely seen an increase in views this month, but the real test will be once the month ends. I'm not sure what a button swap would entail, but I am definitely interested in learning more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly! I didn't know you were from Chicago! That's my hometown! I live in Dallas now :D
    Anyway, hmm good question about all this sponsorship stuff! I started pretty early... I didn't even do button swaps, but I really go above and beyond b/c I have the time to promote my sponsors. Some bloggers don't have the time and some bloggers just aren't that efficient either. It's really up to you who you want to invest in and etc... I started sponsoring in December and did free ad space for the month of December, which worked out pretty well. I'm still friends with most of my sponsors... It wasn't a short term thing although some of the bloggers I sponsored didn't even follow me or pay any attn to me and I vowed I'd never be like that. hahaha! okay i know im rambling, but please let me know if you have any questions. I'd say if you're not ready to take sponsors on, then definitely do button swaps since those are free :D And people are more than willing to swap with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know you live in Chicagoland =) I live about 2 hours away from the city. How funny!
    I've paid for sponsorship on a few blogs and I have down button swaps. I definitely develop a relationship with the people I sponsor. I sponsor blogs that I love reading not just blogs with big reader numbers. I haven't gotten to where I am ready to offer sponsorship yet. My blog is still teeny tiny and growing. =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips