header

bloglovin feedburner facebook google plus pinterest Image Map

pages

sponsor home freebies link parties deals contact Image Map

May 3, 2013

TGIF & 52 Weeks!

Happy Happy Day Everyone!  Man am I glad it is Friday.  I don't know about you, but this week seemed to drag for me.  In any case, I'm glad the weekend is here.

It is Friday so that means it is time again for my 52 Weeks update.  This week my act of kindness was to pay for a stranger's lunch.

Honey Baked Ham



The new yoga studio that I am in love with is right next door to a Honey Baked Ham Shop and a frozen yogurt place.  Both of which are my down fall.  To make matters worse, the class I have been attending on Tuesday is from 11am to Noon.  So I'm ready for lunch as I'm leaving.  

This week, the smell of fresh bread was just too much for me.  I headed over to pick up a boxed lunch.  Yoga was good and I worked hard, so why not get a treat.  Since I was splurging though, I decided that I would also spread some joy and treat the next person to come in.  

My mind was centered and relaxed from the yoga, and my heart was lifted from the random act of kindness.  All in all it was a good day!
 
52 weeks
Don't forget to head over to My Three Bittles to see what Amber and everyone else has done for their random acts of kindness this week. 

Have you ever been the lucky recipient of a random act of kindness?  If so, I'd love to hear what it was... drop a comment.  I'm always looking for new ways to share my joy! 











Looking to grow your blog? I have Sponsor Spots open this week - priced to fit any budget, including FREE! Hop over to my sponsor page for more details.




 

3 comments:

  1. :) That was so nice of you! I love seeing you link up every week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I worked as a cashier at Kmart (back at age 16 lol) I witnessed several strangers make a wonderful act of kindness together. It was beautiful.

    It was a busy day with only one cashier, the usual at this particular Kmart... Crazy long line and it was just me cashing people out. Well, a woman with 4 small kiddos started loading up the conveyor belt (while trying to keep small kids and small hands at bay), She was frustrated and exhausted. You could see it. She was embarrassed to say the least. Well, after I gave her the total, she is trying to fumble through her diaperbag at this point. She pulls out her wallet and her money/card wasn't in there. She apologized to me and everyone else and told me she would come back with her money to please not put the stuff back on the shelves & hurried out of the store with her kids, face red as could be. The man who was standing behind her asked me what her total was, I told him. He said "Here is $100 just apply it to her balance when she gets back." Then the lady behind her put in $50, the next was $20 and so on. By the time she got back, her entire purchase was paid for. :) I guess her struggling with those little ones touched the hearts of so many people, rather than frustrate them (that's what I get, frustration, when I head out shopping with my infant and toddler lol). It was the nicest thing I've ever seen done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow what a great story! People really are amazing sometimes! Thank you for sharing this!

      Holly

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips