header

bloglovin feedburner facebook google plus pinterest Image Map

pages

sponsor home freebies link parties deals contact Image Map

May 20, 2013

Meditation Monday

Welcome to a new week.  I am going to be on the road again this week - back up to Michigan to help my mom.  At least this time it is not a surprise and I can get my head wrapped around it better.  Well, that is the theory any way.  =)

This week my image for meditation is:

 
Patience is not really one of my strong points.  Seriously, my husband is now laughing out loud at how grossly understated that sentence is.   

Being impatient is bad, but the really bad thing is that when I start a new project and do not get the results I want right away; my impatience tends to push me to give up.  Oh who has all this time to invest, I'm just not going to bother.  I tell my three year old all the time to just keep at it, and he will figure it out.  Some times I really do need to take my own advice.

So this week I am going to focus on doing the work, and not worry so much about the results.  My yoga instructor says that we are simply "aiming" towards a pose.  I am going to focus on that aim this week, and not so much on the final pose.

I hope you have a wonderful week. 











Looking to grow your blog? I have Sponsor Spots open this week - priced to fit any budget, including FREE! Hop over to my sponsor page for more details.



 

9 comments:

  1. Love this, I am not very good at patience:( But I love this motto, keep aiming!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lovely way to look at things - aiming is just as important as getting there :)

    Thanks for linking up!

    Sarah @ A Cat-Like Curiosity

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great message - thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola Holly,
    This is a great message. I really need to exercise on "aiming" at having patience where my children are concerned. Thank for linking up and sharing!

    ~SimplyyMayra :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for stopping by!!
    I think Patience is something you learn with age...I certainly did!! LOL!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holly, what a great post. I, too, am working on my patience level. I started this thing with my 7 year old daughter that when trying to do something, don't give up but instead try it at least 3 times, then ask for help. Secretly, that little mantra is not just for her. Kids watch us and that's how they learn. So, that means, I have to be try my best because she's watching me. I also practice deep breathing and counting to 10. Sounds silly, but it actually helps!

    Following you from the Modern Hippie Momma linkup!
    gladiator-in-heels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great message! Have a safe trip! Thank you for sharing at Fluster's Creative Muster Party!

    Robin
    Fluster Buster

    ReplyDelete
  8. BB's sooooooooo with you on this one! Problem w/Babushka is, how can you find something you've never lost- because you've never had it?? ; ) Here from the Modern Hippie Momma Showin' Love Hop; BB2U

    ReplyDelete
  9. I understand where you're coming from on this. I too grow very impatient and give up on things. Good luck and have a safe trip. Thanks so much for joining us at Transformed Tuesday.

    Hugs,
    Peggy~PJH Designs

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips