header

bloglovin feedburner facebook google plus pinterest Image Map

pages

sponsor home freebies link parties deals contact Image Map

March 8, 2013

52 Weeks of Kindness

Happy Friday EveryoneThis week has flown by for me... not sure why, but I'm not going to complain about it!

My random act of kindness this week was to host a birthday party for my father-in-law's girlfriend - aka Mimi to my little bear.  Mimi has been around as long as I have in the family.  She has always welcomed us and treated us as she does her own kids.  In fact her grandkids are the ones who started the Mimi thing, and she was only thrilled when we picked it up too.  She is a great lady and I was more than happy to throw together a little party for her.

Thrown together is the perfect phrase to.  We were in town visiting my mom and were going to spend the afternoon with the in-laws.  I was expecting just cake and the 5 of us, but turns out Mimi was expecting a bit more.  I literally planned out the party and food for  the 8 more people as the hubs drove us to their house.  A quick stop at the grocery store and at the local BBQ joint and the party was set.  

Mimi was thrilled and impressed that I had done so much.  I kept telling her it was not that much, but I could not convince her that it really was not that much.  The key is the impromptu party was fun and Mimi was overjoyed!  Which in turn made me and my father-in-law happy too!  
 
Don't forget to check out the other great acts of kindness @ the 52 Weeks link up hosted by Amber at My Three Bittles.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!



   









Looking to grow your blog? I have Sponsor Spots open this week - priced to fit any budget, including FREE! Hop over to my sponsor page for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips