header

bloglovin feedburner facebook google plus pinterest Image Map

pages

sponsor home freebies link parties deals contact Image Map

October 11, 2012

Finding Purpose

I'm still searching, on my quest.  I know that a lot of my unfulfilled feelings stem from a lack of daily human interaction.  I work from home Monday through Friday.  It's a normal 9 to 5 job, which means I need to cover core hours that are not very flexible.  My job is mostly computer work, with 95% of my co-worker interaction happening over email; hence the lack of human interaction.  

Add in the fact that my job is really kind of boring at this point.  I've been in this industry now for 12 plus years.  I have a sinking feeling that I may be bumping into my ceiling.  I'm just not sure there is more for me to learn.  I suppose there is plenty for me to learn, I'm just not sure that is the direction I want to go in.

Oh, yeah that's me... just a big ball of confusion!


Any who, the point I was going to make with this post is that one of the changes I would like to make in my life is to find a way to give back more.  I typically donate money to charities, but I think it is time for step out of the comfort of my home and do more hands on helping.  Not sure what that will end up being, but they say if you want to make a change happen the first thing to do is to make your hope public.

As a first step in this process, I have added a "Lend A Helping Hand" Tab on this site.  It is just a simple list of websites that I have stumbled upon.  I am not endorsing any of these sites, but they are all ones that I have ( or plan on ) donating to.  I am hoping that having a condensed list will inspire and simplify the "where to give search"..... not to mention help to keep my first point of change fresh in my mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips