header

bloglovin feedburner facebook google plus pinterest Image Map

pages

sponsor home freebies link parties deals contact Image Map

October 16, 2012

Finding Fulfillement continued


I stumbled across a thought provoking blog post today, just doing a random search.  Here is the original post:


The author, Scott Appleton, asks a pretty basic question:  How did you find fulfillment today?

He's not asking a huge, life changing question.  Just what did you do today that made you happy.  It got me thinking that perhaps I am tackling this "Finding Fulfillment" thing all wrong.  It's not about making huge life altering changes.  All I need to do is focus on today, and find something that makes me happy now.

http://pinterest.com/pin/239676011390481533/

Sort of like the old adage: if you want to live a good life, then act accordingly.  If I focus on the little things that give me fulfillment and do them more often, then perhaps this elusive fulfillment will find me!

Like Scott says in his post, my three year old finds fulfillment in the simplest things.  He learned how to put his socks on by him self this weekend, and he's still savoring the feeling of accomplishment.  I think perhaps I have a wise teacher in my house, that I have not been paying enough attention to.  He laughs freely.  No matter what he is doing at the time, if his favorite song comes on then he jumps up and dances.  Then he asks if we can play the song again.  He instinctively knows to savor his happiness and replay it as many times as possible. 

The next time you find yourself wanting to throw your head back and laugh like a three year old, give yourself permission to do it!  Laugh and dance with out fear or limits.  Then smile and ask to do it all over again.

So, now it's your turn... what fulfilled your day today?

1 comment:

  1. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this post. Soo true on how our little ones find fulfillment form the simplest things. We definitely need to focus on living in the moment more without worrying about the "what if's" or the "how to's" or the "to-do's".
    Thank you for linking up with the Empowered Living Tuesday blog hop. I hope to see and read more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips